Sunday, September 30, 2007

Wilderness!

Hey guys,

This will be our last post for a little while because from the Detroit to Vancouver, we will probably not have an opportunity to stop and catch wireless to blog our hearts out. So you'll have to stave off your addiction for a couple days, and just follow along in your heads as to where we are. We'll travel first to the Badlands in South Dakota, then to Yellow Stone in Wyoming, and on to Glacier in Montana before we hit the west coast. You can look forward to a lot of camping pictures, some sweaty hiking pictures, and, if you're (we're) lucky, maybe some nice snowy landscapes from high in the mountains!

Take care,
See you soon,
Ben and Laura

5 comments:

Pat said...

Hey, It was fun to see you guys. It's good to see that you got to Detroit alright. I hope the wilderness treats you well. Maybe I'll call your cell phone on skype some time. Good travels!

Jenna said...

Hi Bubby!
I see that you'll be traveling from Flagstaff, AZ to Santa Fe, NM on my birthday, and I will not accept that as an excuse for you not to call me. You have missed a lot since you've been gone. Mom is going through menopause, I think. I will be expecting presents and souvenirs (that's french) since you will not be here for my birthday. See you when you get back! Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!
Love,
Jenna (Sissy)
P.S.- Hi Laura!

Unknown said...

Ben as a Jew? THRILLING.

Marty Cooperman said...

testing

Marty Cooperman said...

Laura and Ben,
Finally I've gotten to read your blog and discovered only at the end that I was reading it in reverse.
Couldn't figure out why you'd drive to Detroit the to Ottowa and then to Cleveland.

Bad luck with the Canadian dollar being so high. Back in the good old days a normal middle class salary could buy a Province or two. Not today.

I assume you guys got to see the nice indoor market in Ottowa as well as the Rideau Canal. Was it frozen solid enough to skate on?

We're eagerly following your progress on our map. So far you've gone 1-1/8". Keep up the good work.

Love,
Dad